cilantro-pesto chicken, grilled zucchini, steamed broccoli
quick oatmeal raisin pancakes, strawberries from garden
homemade pizza (fresh mozzarella and basil this time), salad
grilled shrimp, cous cous, cucumber slices
pork chops, broccoli fritters (can't get enough!), asparagus, leftover melon and pineapple from party
mom's 15 minute bean soup, rosemary faccacia
*blueberry-citrus muffins
*cinnamon granola bars- made them and they are already gone. Gwen loved them also. Going to make again maybe tonight if I have enough energy.
*steel cut oats
*indicates breakfast items
This week at the whole foods market I bought whole wheat pastry flour which I've never tried before. I'll use it in the blueberry-citrus muffins. Also, I bought stone ground whole wheat flour (love it!) and my steel cut oats. My next post has to be about my garden. It is doing so well. We are getting a steady harvest of strawberries now and the squashes are growing like you wouldn't believe! The green beans have flowered and are doing their thing and I have even found oh, maybe 7 carrots that didn't float away in the storms. So I'm excited to see how everything does. The cucumbers are looking a little unhappy, but I'm sure with all the rain we've been having that they will perk up in time. See how gardening makes you so happy? Not that I want to be a farmer, but seeing all those crops come up that you planted must be so satisfying.
Monday, June 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your post just reminded me that I didn't water our zucchini plants today.
Oh, I love all these posts about whole wheat, whole grain and such ... and gardening...just reading about it makes me happy!
Post a Comment