Sunday, June 20, 2010

Oat Obsession

Cinnamon Granola Bars- made these tonight and liked them very much.

1/4 C butter, softened
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 T ground flaxseed
2 T honey
2 C old-fashioned oats
1 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 C raisins

In a large bowl,  beat butter and brown sugar until crumbly.  Add egg, beat well.  Stir in flax and honey.  In another bowl, combine oats, flour, cinnamon and baking soda.  Stir into creamed mixture just until blended.  Gently stir in raisins.
Press into an 11X7 in baking dish coated with cooking spray.  Bake at 350 for 18 min or maybe a few minutes more if you like crunchy granola bars.  Cool and then cut into bars.

2 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I am definitely going to make these this week! Except I only have craisins, but I bet they will work too.

joy said...

Hey Meredith! It's Joy. Do you have email contact info for John & Stacy, & Olya & Adam?

Did my mom tell you about Daddy's b-day this Saturday?