I got my hair cut yesterday. I decided I couldn't stand long hair in this heat and I have so much hair and I can never dry it... you get the picture. Besides, it was starting to look like an Amish woman with it always back in the perpetual ponytail. I took this photo of myself. You know, when you take photos of yourself you notice things like how wide your nose is... anyway. Insecure anyone?
I got a book from the library recently about lightning. I got it really for Gwen to look at the photos, but she wasn't that interested after a few minutes. I, however, was amazingly entertained. I learned that every day lightning strikes the earth about 10 million times. 10 million! I also learned that scientists really do not know how lightning is created and it is still debated. There are many different types of lightning, but what I found interesting was the kinds of lightning that spark at the edge of space. Apparently, pilots have reported seeing this phenomenon for a long time, but it is hard to document. They are called sprites, elves, and jets. I also thought ball lightning was very interesting. A huge ball of light like an angel or something. This photo is of a sprite.
Gwen is growing up before my eyes. In a few short days she will be 2 years old. Suddenly she has decided she no longer wants to drink from a sippy cup. She prefers a real cup, thank you very much. She also doesn't want milk anymore. She wants water. She thinks because we drink water it is a "treat." She also will not let me help her into her car seat. I'm standing there, holding Zeke and 20 minutes later she gets out of the car. I'm exaggerating, but I try to be understanding of her independent nature. I think it is good that she is brave enough to try things on her own and I don't want to squelch that spirit of hers. Sometimes it is hard to be patient with a toddler finding their own way in the world... but I think it's worth it.
Zeke is growing too and is now 5 months old. He is still the quiet, sweet natured little boy he always was. He loves to see Gwen and laughs at her when she talks to him. He loves to play peek a boo and likes it when I act surprised. Zeke strikes me as a child that will let me help him into the car seat at age 2. :) They are rather different.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like your hair - it looks very modern :) When my hair gets long I tend to braid it a lot and end up feeling like Laura Ingalls Wilder.
Post a Comment