Wednesday, February 03, 2010
Playdough Gone Wrong
Everyday after lunch I try to make a concerted effort to do something constructive with Gwen. Sometimes it is drawing, sometimes singing, sometimes reading and sometimes working on a skill like sorting (pieces to a game I have with different colors), or stacking cups. Today I thought it would be nice to make homemade playdough together. I looked up a recipe online and sat her in a chair with a booster seat so she could see the whole process while I explained how fun it was going to be to play with. Well... it turned out horrible! I'm not sure what I did wrong! You can see in the following pictures how terrible it came out and how excited Gwen was to play with it. I couldn't just throw it away after I had spoken so much about it. I let her play in it and yes, it was messy... but I didn't care. She had such a good time. I guess I'll try again another day. I am more determined than ever to make my own now. Of course, I was out of food coloring and added half a packet of jello to make it colored. Maybe that threw it off.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am glad Gwen thought it was funny. Clay did not like it (he doesn't like getting his hands dirty). Somehow I don't think Jello is a good thing to make playdoh out of......I know I have made it at church before with kids. The recipe should be something like salt and flour with a little water? Good luck!
I agree with Steph, the jello probably wasn't the best idea to add. The recipe I have used in the past was a "no cook" mix. Think I could find my recipe if you decide to try it.
Mom
that is hilarious and really gross looking, actually.
but yea for you! you GO mama!
Stacey
Post a Comment