Wednesday, February 03, 2010

A Poem and A Couple of Quotes

This is a poem and a couple of quotes I came across in some picture albums that someone gave to me. I thought first of all it was interesting that men wrote all three. Secondly, how pretty they were. Enjoy.

Frail new-born wings,
Small voice that sings,
New little beating heart...

The sun doth shine,
The earth doth spin,
For welcome-- enter in
This green and daisied sphere,
Rejoice-- and have no fear.

- Richard Le Gallienne

The smile that flickers on baby's lips
when he sleeps- does anybody know where it was born?
Yes, there is a rumour that a young pale beam of a
crescent moon touched the edge of a vanishing
autumn cloud, and there the smile was first born
in the dream of a dew-washed morning.

- Rabindranath Tagore (do you think Ben and I should name our next child Rabindranath?)

A baby in the house is a well-spring of pleasure,
a messenger of peace and love, a resting place for
innocence on earth, a link between angels and men.

- Martin Farquhar Tupper

No comments: