Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Finding Our Way Home

Well... it's already interesting having a boy. Yesterday while we were preparing to get discharged from the hospital Zeke had a poopy diaper. We were changing him, mind you, my first time seeing his circumcision, and he peeed all over himself and his outfit to go home in. Ben looked over at me and said, "I think we need to change his outfit." Well, that's the only outfit I brought so I started to cry. In the end, he came home in some clothes the hospital put together for me.
Last night we had to change his clothes 2 times due to him peeing himself and each time I had to go into Gwen's room to get an outfit and blanket. It was a little of a trial, but we made it through and Gwen didn't wake up until 6:30am. We have forgotten so quickly what it is like to have a newborn. I have a noise maker by my bedside that has a heartbeat sound and we slept to that. It's like being in a suspense movie. His little face is so precious and he's a good nurser. (thank you Lord!) I keep thinking what it will be like when Ben is at work and mom is gone. I'm getting a little nervous over that. More pictures to come. I've been out of it.

Oh.. and I forgot to put it on the blog... He was 8 lb 9.5 oz and 19 1/2 inches long. Healthy baby boy!

2 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I'm so glad he's a good nurser! Don't worry, when your mom goes home and Ben goes back to work, you will be amazed at your ability to do what needs to be done! Just don't wear yourself out trying to do what doesn't need to be done. :) Wish I could be there to lend a hand!!!

John said...

Newborn baby Andrew peed on everyone- the pediatrician, the nursery workers at Gladeview, plus me, John, and anyone else brave enough to change his diaper. He even pooped on MaMarie....sigh. Boys are different. He'll get better in a few days, don't worry. Try to change him right after he pees, when his diaper is warm...maybe that'll help.
Stacey