Thursday, December 10, 2009

One For The Record Books

Well... everyone knows when you are pregnant that your emotions go haywire. Last night was no exception in the Barreth household. It takes me a long time now to do most anything. After my face washing ritual I got into bed with huffing and puffing and groaning only to realize that I didn't brush my teeth. I started laughing hysterically because that meant that I'd have to get up which takes a lot and then get BACK into bed again which is a chore. Ben looked over at me and was pretty amazed at how hard I was laughing. Then, I hoisted myself up on the edge of the bed and I'm not exaggerating here... started crying. Not a single tear running down the cheek either. We're talking sobbing. I just felt out of control of my emotions! I said "I'm pathetic" to which Ben I think was at a complete loss to know what to say other than "no, you're not." Some things you just need to write down and remember. Shesh!

3 comments:

John said...

Oh dear.

Yes, pregnancy does a number on your emotions. You are a very rational, even keel kind of person and then WHAM! You are a looney nutcase. But we love you. Go ahead and laugh, cry, grimace, huff and puff all you want as you finish this pregnancy out....soon it will be distant memories........

John said...

ug, forgot to sign my name. that was stacey, not JOhn....he'd never comment on a girly blog! : )

STACEY
Did I mention that pregnancy does a number on your memory too????

Unknown said...

I always know it is you Stacey. No worries. :)