Monday, December 14, 2009

Baby Bap Update

Today I went and saw my doctor. I'm 36 weeks today, but she said I'm measuring 40! She said that she thinks it is because the baby is not engaged in my pelvis yet...but then again, it might not decide to do that until labor. She is concerned about the size of this one, so she has ordered another sonogram. Right now it is scheduled in another 2 weeks, but Ben thinks we need to try to get one sooner. She said the sonogram will help determine how far they will let me go without intervention. I asked her to do an internal exam and I am not dilated at all yet, which she thought would be the case. I don't really know how to feel about it. To say I'm uncomfortable would be an understatement, but I want to keep the baby's best interest at the forefront... not my own. I think we'll just pray that things either start on their own sometime in the next two weeks, or that I'll have the wisdom from God that I need to make the decision of what to do next.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that I am the mother in law and that I shouldn't comment too much on this part of your blog....but leave that baby in the toasty warm tummy for as long as possible so it can grow to be a Moore baby....big and healthy.

There, I'm done.

Granny Pam

Beki Lee said...

How about you don't listen to crazy granny's, and do whatever you and the dr. decide! :) Love you momma.

-Beki

Unknown said...

I don't think your suggestion is crazy Pam :), but the thought did cross my mind if you remembered what it was like carrying John Boy. :) We'll see how it turns out. By the way, Beki.. I need you to babysit while we have our ultrasound... or Granny Pam can and you can come along if you'd like.