Saturday, September 19, 2009

Nothing In Particular

So these days Gwen has been just begging to run around in the yard. Up until now, I thought it was ridiculous to spend $13 on shoes that she will wear a grand total of probably 3 months. (I'm cheap) BUT I finally splurged and got her one pair. She loves to walk around in them and is starting to look like a full fledged toddler. These shoes are her only ones and they are white. What was I thinking?


She loves to pick up anything that crosses her path when she strolls in the yard. She however does not like it when I take things away from her. You can imagine.


Today we went out as a family to home depot to look for a vacuum filter (exciting huh?) and ended up at Sonic. Ben got ice cream and I got a fruit slushy thing. I took about 5 sips and the baby inside of me was leaping with glee. I decided that was probably enough sugar then. We also got a glass of water. Ben first ordered a little cup of water and then said, naa... give me a big one. They brought out a 44 oz glass of ice water. It was enormous! What human needs a drink that big??? Ben drove us to a more scenic place to eat/drink our Sonic and we ended up at an entry point to a bike path that Ben wanted to check out. As we sat there eating/drinking our sugar we started to feel a little guilty watching all those people exercise. Then we started laughing at that. Gwen loves anything cold and sweet and she kept pointing and motioning that she'd like a sip. I gaver her a sip of my fruit thing and the girl put both her hands on the sides and sucked so hard I was afraid she'd give herself a brain freeze. Below is Ben with the "large" water.

3 comments:

John said...

Ha! Guess she knows what the good stuff is! Slushies and sticks from the yard....you're raisin' her right/
stacey

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I swear, all little girls have an inborn sweet tooth!

Do you have a Goodwill in your area? I always check there first for shoes and have gotten good deals a few times. I spent $3 on a good pair for Annalise. And since you know her feet will only get bigger, you can snag a good deal on bigger shoes if they have them.

Ben's giant water is awesome! I so miss Sonic...

Unknown said...

uh hello...do you know this girl name beki...she drinks out of gallon water jugs....she would have been in heaven ;)