Monday, September 07, 2009

Meal Plan

It's after midnight here, but because I took a two hour long nap this afternoon, I can't sleep. So...what better time to make a grocery list and meal plan right? I'm hoping that the jet lag will wear off very soon. I just can't seem to get back to normal. By the way, I got totally spoiled having my mom here cooking for us. I had to cook dinner tonight and it almost took an act of Congress to get me to do it. (but I did) Anyway, here's the plan...

*pork and cider stew (made with some cider mom and I got while she was here)
turkey patties, mac & cheese, baby lima beans
creamy tomato soup, grilled cheese
cheese tortellini with tomatoes and corn, salad
*Cuban ropa vieja
tomato sandwiches, salad

Notice a lot of items with tomatoes? That's cause they are running out my ears. Our tomato plants are doing AWESOME this year. I've also incorporated a couple of crock pot recipes this week to help reduce the "I don't want to cook" impulse. :) (I marked the crock pot ones with a *)

No comments: