teriaki turkey breast tenderloin, rice, peas
buttery orzo with cherry tomatoes, grilled chicken, cantaloupe
steak and mashed potatoes, green beans
stuffed peppers
tomato sandwiches or stew or chili- haven't decided yet
woops... forgot the butternut squash I bought. I'll fit that in somewhere. I love that stuff!
*special- blackberry cobbler
I had a hard time making up my mind this week what to make. (except for the cobbler- ha) The orzo recipe I got from a friend at home group and it's delicious. If your family are fans of pasta like my little girl is... it will be a hit. You know I've got the cherry tomatoes for this recipe... tomatoes are running out of my ears still and I'm lovin' it.
Buttery Orzo with Cherry Tomatoes
1 1/4 C uncooked orzo pasta, 8 oz.
3 T butter
1 onion, chopped, 1 C
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/3 C white wine or chicken broth (I used the wine)
1 pt. grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 C chopped fresh parsley (don't add too much or you will only taste the parsley)
1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
Cook orzo according to package directions, drain. Meanwhile, in pot, melt butter over med-high heat. Add onion, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3-4 min.
Add wine; boil 1 minute. Stir in orzo and tomatoes. Over medium heat, cook until heated through, 1/2 min. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley and zest.
*This makes quite a lot, so if you are worried about the term "buttery" being in there it's actually not that much when you divide it out into portions. It's really enough to feed 5-6 people easily as a side dish. Bon a petite!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm curious about your tomato sandwiches...because it just doesn't sound like a meal that would satisfy Rob. Do you just put a slice of tomato between bread?
they are delicious Leah!! I toast the bread and then put mayo on both slices and then put monterey jack cheese on there and put it in the microwave for say, 11 sec to melt the cheese. Then I put on slices of tomatoes and then salt and pepper. You can put basil on too for a little added zest. They are seriously good. Ben loves them and usually eat two.
Hmm, sounds kind of like bruschetta...what do you serve with it?
I serve fruit or salad usually.. but potatoes are good too. Anything you'd serve with a sandwich. :)
Post a Comment