Monday, July 20, 2009
Noah's Ark
I know the Noah's Ark is a popular theme for kid's stuff. I understand why... I mean, the animals, the boat and such. But this plate makes me think. I mean... look at the top right hand portion of this plate.
I think of the real Biblical story and all of those people dying in the flood and I think... what a weird thing to put on a children's plate. Oh well... I'm probably the only one who thinks that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
NO! You are not the only one who thinks that! There is a church here in Raleigh with lots of huge biblical murals on the walls of the hallways adn one of them is of the flood. It is dark and stormy, lightening in the sky, ominous clouds....way in the back you see the ark bobbing along, and in the front of the painting is a man, desperately clinging to a floating tree branch. Gives me chills to look at it. Everything, everyone GONE just like that. God could have wiped us all out, but He had mercy on Noah and saved his family when He didn't have to.
No, the flood is not a sweet little child's fairy tale. It was the judgement of God.
Stacey
thanks Stacey!!! Well said! I also think that about Jonah and the whale too, but that's another blog post.
ps... that mural with the guy hanging on to the tree... CREAPY
pps... not to mention the fact that Noah got smashed after that whole boat ride. :)
Post a Comment