Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Something Good

Ben is in a computer class from 6-9:30 part of this week and next, so that means I get the nightly routine to myself. Gwen's routine is a bath with the usual teeth brushing and all and then books and then the lights go out and she drinks a bit of milk and I sing to her. I have been singing hymns (cause you know it breaks my heart to think of her not knowing all the hymns I grew up on) and other songs. In the midst of "I Surrender All" and "Just As I Am" I sang this song. I love this song from The Sound of Music. That has to be my all time favorite movie I think. I looked at her when I was singing and I am sometimes struck by her beauty. I mean, don't get me wrong, I look at her all the time and think she is beautiful... but there is something to that private time before bed when it is just the two of us (and the baby within) that makes me see all of her. How long she's getting, how beautiful her eyes are, how she knows me and is my constant companion, how her personality and joy have captured my heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Meredith, you brought tears to my eyes with what you wrote about little Gwenny! Can't wait to see you both tomorrow.

Granny Pam