Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Korea Jitters

Coming up in August I will be going to Korea... South Korea. I'm going there to sing with my choir in a choir festival. They are paying for my plane ticket and also a room for me, so I thought it was a once in a lifetime opportunity I couldn't pass up. I know absolutely no Korean and I basically do not know anything about the culture other than what I have read online. I don't know exactly why, maybe it's pregnancy hormones, but I'm starting to feel nervous about it. The long flight... I mean LONG. It's something like 20 hours I think. Me being pregnant... I'll be close to 20 weeks then... and then there is kimchi. I have a feeling I will have to try that stuff when I'm there. It is a fermented and pickled and super spicy substance that Koreans eat with every meal. Here's a pic to whet your appetite.

Want some? Didn't think so. Ben says to just decide in my mind that I will soak up the experience of being in a new country and not worry about the flight or the little petty things I'm worried about. I think he's right... why does he always have to be right? :) You can betcha I'll let you know what happens on my pregnant adventure to Korea.

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

How fun! I got to have a layover in the Seoul airport the last time I went to China. Just saw it from the airport window, but it looked like a nice place :)

You are very adventurous, but if you decide to skip the kimchi, my opinion of you will not change - it is foul stuff!