Friday, July 03, 2009

Kitchen

So many things have been going on at the Barreth house. My mother-in-law, Pam, and my brother Preston both had surgeries and have stayed or will stay at our house. My parents are here now and so it's just a flurry of activity around here. My sister, Stephanie, has two of her own kids- Clay and Chloe, and so she very generously passes on things that they don't play with anymore. My mom and dad this time brought up a little kitchen from them. What a blessing! I mean, this thing is AWESOME! I would have loved something like this as a kid and Gwen loves it already. My sister and I had an easy bake oven and I thought that was awesome as a kid. There are all kinds of plastic foods that go with it.. sushi rolls, hot dogs, asparagus... you name it! Here are a few pictures of Gwen enjoying her kitchen.


In other news, I had my first sonogram of the little baby #2 yesterday. They did an early sonogram to come up with the due date. With Gwen they told me a due date of May 31st and then when I had an ultrasound they backed it up to June 9th and she wasn't born until June 17th... so I guess I'm a little hard to predict. It was amazing to see that little baby in there moving around with arms and legs and I could see the fingers. Mom and Ben and Gwen were with me and we all heard the little heartbeat for the first time together. I have some pictures that I will try to have scanned and put up on here to share with you. I'm further along than I thought. According to the sonogram I'm almost 13 weeks... and I thought I was almost 11. So.. it looks like my due date will either be January 11th or the 16th. We'll see what the doctor says next time.

4 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

almost 13! That's great! How are you feeling? 14 weeks was the magic number for me.

What a great kitchen! that's like the super deluxe one! Don't you love handmedowns :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! 13w, already at the end of the first trimester...things really start changing quickly after that. But 13w is not at all early to have an u/s. You can see a sac at 5w, a heartbeat at 6w, and I've even seen movement at 8w, when it really starts to look like a baby. I'm sorry your mil and Preston have had to have surgeries. Hope everyone recovers quickly.
Laura S

Unknown said...

thanks ya'll! I'm feeling pretty good. I still get sick smelling meat cooking and if I don't eat often and small. Nothing severe though. I'm so thankful I'm almost out of the sick part though. :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't little Gwen precious. Before long she will be able to cook up something for her granny! I hope it's not tofu!

When do I get to see her again?
Granny Pam