OK, so if you haven't noticed, I've been reading a bit of poetry lately. Maybe it's a phase, I don't know. I'm reading a book called "What Your Preschooler Needs To Know" and it has some great suggestions of rhymes and songs and stuff to teach your kids... um, besides the lesson of how she is loved by God and mama and daddy! Here's two of my favs.
Betty Botter
Betty Botter bought some butter,
But, she said, this butter's bitter.
If I put it in my batter,
It will make my batter bitter,
But a bit of better butter
Will make my batter better.
So she bought a bit of butter
Better than her bitter butter,
And she put it in her batter,
And it made her batter better.
So 'twas better Betty Botter
Bought a bit of better butter.
Jilliky Jolliky
Jilliky Jolliky Jelliky Jee,
three little cooks in a coconut tree,
one cooked a peanut and one cooked a pea,
one brewed a thimble of cinnamon tea,
then they sat down to a dinner for three,
Jilliky Jolliky Jelliky Jee.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Those are great! I will have to read them to Caleb, he is really into rhyming words right now. He has known about rhyming for a while, but only recently figured out what it means.
Post a Comment