Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Dream

I have a dream. I'm just in the planning phases now, but I'd like to plant a little vegetable garden this spring. I'd also like to have pots of herbs on my deck this summer. I've been out in the yard thinking and writing down vegetables I'd like to try to grow. Do you think I can grow all of these? Beets, onions, peas, buttercrunch lettuce (these are my early crops), and then carrots, cucumber (bush variety), pole beans, tomatoes, and maybe butternut squash as my slower yielding crops. I'd also like rosemary, dill, cilantro, sweet basil and chives in some pots on the deck. I may have to cut down on these ideas once I stake it out and all. Last summer I was heavy with child :) and just couldn't do any type of gardening. This summer I'm determined to give it a go. Any experienced gardeners out there? You know... isn't it funny how as you grow older you really want to start gardening and canning and that type of stuff? I think I'm getting old. Tonight I bought jeans with an elastic waistband. I don't care... at least I'll be comfortable bending over and grabbing my fresh veggies in my own garden one day.

6 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Sounds ambitious! I hope you succeed :) Like the new layout BTW.

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm sooooo thrilled you mentioned my unmentionables on the internet. You're the one with two microwaves mom jr.! :)

John said...

I would start smaller and aim to have success....I tried lots of veggies last year, and the ones we ended up really wanting more of were tomatoes. I told JOhn this year, if all I do is get tomatoes in the ground, I'd be happy. Growing things that aren't going to make a harvest might discourage you too much.....but hey, you do have farming blood in your veins.....
stace

Olya said...

To have a garden is one of my unattainable dreams. But I am so proud of you! Way to go, girl!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.