Friday, January 16, 2009

Cereal and Date Night

Anybody else think this is funny? I mean, when is the last time you bought cereal with the word "spheres" on it? In the lower left hand corner it also touts it being a cholesterol free food. I'm so glad these food companies are looking out for my health. (actually... I eat oatmeal and Ben eats this)

Last night my mother-in-law came over unexpectedly and we went out on a little date. I requested that we go to the library and get stamps. I know, I'm a wild woman. Well...before you judge let me tell you the books I got last night at the library. It is an AWESOME place to go people! Here are the books that I chose:

A Medieval Home Companion- Housekeeping in the fourteenth century- I mean... what WAS homemaking like in the fourteenth century? sweep the floor, kill the boar... I don't know...but I'm going to find out.

The Amish Cook- 'cause you know me and the Amish... I'm fascinated.

Miserly Meals- need I say more?

American Indian Food and Lore- it says it has 150 authentic recipes. I hope I don't have to go bow hunting. I went through a phase where I was fascinated with Indians too.

and last but not least....
My Big Book of Everything- a picture dictionary for Gwen to look at pictures. I'm going through and pointing and naming things.

1 comment:

John said...

ha. good book choices. I am currently reading Pride and Prejudice.

You have to check out the video on AMy's blog today: humblemusings.com

If you don't read her already, you should!
Stace