I'm going through the Purpose Driven Life devotional for Lent and I came across this verse I really liked. I shared it with my mom's group co-coordinator and we think we may use it as a theme for next year. I liked the coupling of strong and gentle.
Zeke drew an elephant. I'm not sure being an artist is his calling.
It's Spring Break here, and while others are traveling and doing wonderful projects with their children, it took us half the day for cleaning up of rooms and getting dressed. The older two did very well. It is Romy that I will tell her to clean up the toys in her room and she sits down and plays. She then gets a consequence (time out) which... you guessed it... takes time. Then I sit in her room and make her clean it up and finish getting ready. I had this wonderful idea that while we are having spring break that every morning we would sing a worship song together. By the end of the worship song today all three of mine were in their rooms, which again, takes time. I'm feeling like I'm not really accomplishing much, but that's motherhood. One step forward, then 20 minutes standing still correcting and teaching, and then one step forward and sometimes backward. It's nuts.
Actually, during this week we are painting the kids rooms and sprucing them up. Maybe we will get to the zoo one day and maybe Legoland the next.
1 comment:
Your thoughts about time are something I struggle with constantly. I feel like the morning is overburdened with all the things that need to happen between 6am and noon. When I realize it is just 6 hours, I have to laugh at myself for thinking I can do 18 hours worth of work in that time! So I am frequently praying for wisdom about what to cut out and what to include.
Post a Comment