I can barely believe it is March. So much life has flown by in everyday moments, preparing meals, sleeping, showering, planning, working, homework, encouragement, discipline, tears, laughs, you name it. One thing that recently happened is that I told Gwen about the "birds and bees". I wasn't really planning on having that conversation that night, but we were just casually talking about the boy that Gwen "loves" and then she mentioned that some girls in her class had kissed a boy. I asked her if she was planning on kissing a boy and she said "yes" with a smile. The thing about that conversation that struck me is the look on her face. When she really "got it" and asked about several couples including daddy and I. The innocence she had before and the knowledge she now has and the look of shock on her face was something I'll always remember. I found out about sex in third grade too- from a fellow classmate. I am very grateful that I was the one to begin to tell her about that subject and tell her that God invented it to be a pure and loving act.
At the preschool I teach at they have these plastic meatballs. They make me laugh.
I'm very ready for spring and growing things. I made this wreath recently. I added some daffodils to it the other day.
I saw this on Gwen's homework... very telling don't you think?
I took the kids to the zoo on a day off of school. I love looking at the orangutans.
This is a golden pheasant. It is absolutely beautiful!
My mom's group did a service project where we put bags of food together to give to a local ministry partner that helps the needy.
Romy had her first visit to the dentist yesterday. She was feeling very important and loved the balloon and prize she got.
Zeke. He is such a funny little guy. He has recently been dressing up just for laughs. He jumps on the trampoline like this, and takes out the recycling like this. I just let him because soon it won't be like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment