This year Ben and I are doing Lent. Meaning, we have decided to take a break from some things. We made a commitment to take a break from TV and from Facebook during the 40 days of Lent. I also have been going through the Purpose Driven Life book which is a 40 day devotional. It has felt good.
Although on Sundays we can "feast day" it and watch a little TV, I have found that after a week of doing this that I don't really want to watch it. By then I'm into some book or doing some other task.
I'm finding that I get tired sooner in the night and going to bed around 9pm. That's not usually my norm, so this Lenten exercise has given me time back to go to bed early, sit and talk with Ben undistracted, focus my attention on the kids when they come home. I do still get distracted in prayer and Bible reading, so maybe I could come up with some strategies for combating that. This life is short and I don't want to waste it on wondering what everyone else is doing. The thing that always shocks me about taking a break from social media is how rarely I am contacted by others. I mean, besides my family and my neighbor, it is rare.
These beautiful eggs were gifted to me by someone at church who has chickens. They are almost too beautiful to eat... almost.
I caught them getting along and digging together. It's so nice when a parent can see the love between siblings. I want that so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Resolving to contact you more ;)
Post a Comment