not too fancy this week... but here ya go.
Quinoa salad, cookies for Ben's B'day
Greek chicken soup, rolls
Italian Roast, brown rice, julienned veggies, dessert- taking meal to friend
cheesy beef bake, edamame
chicken salad, steamed broccoli
burgers, salad
scrambled egg sandwiches, carrot sticks, crackers
*specials- cookies, homemade crackers, and buns
**Here's the recipe for the Italian Dressing Mix that I've been using lately. I used it as my dressing this week. I'm really trying to be conscious of what I am putting in my family's mouth. Is it REAL food or did it come out of a package? I'm implemented one of the kid's snacks to be fruit oriented and one veggie oriented. This Italian dressing is a great marinade for roast too... and that's what I intend to do with it this week... and no HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) which I'm trying to eradicate from our home... and MSG. Did you know buillion cubes have MSG?
Italian Dressing Mix
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 T onion powder
2 tsp oregano
1 T dried parsley
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp dried celery flakes (I didn't have so I used celery salt)
2 T dry mix with 1/4 C red wine vinegar, 2 tsp water and 1/2 C olive oil makes the dressing. Let it sit for a while before using... it becomes better as it sits.
Monday, September 05, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment