Gwen and Zeke pushing their babies around.
Early training. Actually, he begged me to let him sweep. He's become quite the talker. Not everyone can understand what he is saying... and sometimes I can't either. He's definitely got a baby alien language in his little raspy voice. It's precious.
Zeke was very distressed when he saw Gwen put on her new hat that Grandma gave to her. He wanted a hat too. So, I gave him Ben's John Deere hat. He seemed pleased.
Tomorrow marks one week that I have "for real" tried potty training Gwen. She is a stubborn little thing and isn't always the happiest when I tell her it is time to go and try on the potty. BUT we are getting through it and she's catching on. Huge breakthrough this week is that she is sometimes saying "I've got to go potty." That's huge. She gets no diapers at all during the day, but gets one at night. I know it is a process and I think of it like me working with Zeke to crawl all those times. It seemed we were making no progress and then one day it clicked. I'm waiting for my miracle. I would love any advice you have other than "put her back into diapers". I'm determined and when my determination wanes I call my mother and she tells me I HAVE to keep trying.
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We have had a long road with Annalise too - she is potty trained except that she always has a mini-accident before letting me know she has to go. She had been doing fine and then started this about 4 or 5 months ago. I've tried M&Ms to no avail. The only thing that "works" is a timer - and that only works when I remember to set it! She has to change more times a day than I can keep up with. At first it was very frustrating, but I have kind of gotten used to it know and I think she will eventually stop on her own. I think it goes along with the thumb sucking, once she is embarassed by it I think she will consider stopping! Maybe. Anyway, I have a friend who potty trained her daughter really early and did it the bare bottom and timer method, she's working on her 2 year old son now. I don't know, I had a lot of faith in the M&Ms! It is tough.
What worked with my kids was taking them to the potty EVERY 2 hours whether they needed to go or not. And you might try plastic pants over those panties to protect the floors! I used the thick panties, they do help a little. It takes a couple of weeks to really get the hang of it, and I wouldn't go back to diapers at this point. She can do this. She is stubborn, but you are the mommy!! You will prevail :-) And if that doesn't work, bring her to Alabama for a week. We can help - we have more hands than you do (Mom, Chloe, Clay, Me) Hang in there!
Post a Comment