The sanding phase of my desk redo is over and now I am onto the staining phase. Here's where I am at the moment. It's a little slow of a project because you cannot stain very well with two little children underfoot and it is very hot here. I can do it only when the kids are sleeping and only for short amounts of time. I like the color of the stain though and I can't wait to see how it turns out.
Can you guess what I will be doing next? I've got all the supplies but I am making myself wait until the desk is all done.
I really enjoy doing these projects, but honestly, I have been neglecting my Bible reading and prayer... so I have decided I can not do multiple projects at once. So, yesterday I opened my Bible and instead of hopping right back into the read through the Bible in the year program my church is doing, I thought I'd run to Psalms. My pastor says that Psalms are great if you need encouragement or comfort. Now this next part is a little embarrassing, but I chose Psalm 34 because I'm 34 years old. The first thing I read is in the introduction "Of David. When he pretended to be insane before Abimelech, who drove him away, and he left." I thought... ok... starting off a little odd here. Here's my fav passage from Psalm 34 (vs 12-14) "Whoever of you loves life and desires to see many good days, keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies. Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it." I also decided to try e-mailing God. I e-mail all my friends anyway... so why not God. I'll just put it in drafts folder or something. Do any of you e-mail God? All in all, yesterday was a good time of confession and renewal which I need all the time. I have a tendency to think to myself Oh, I've read the Bible... I know what it says. I forget that it is live and active.
OK... enough about me... let's here the trumpets!
Friday, July 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment