Monday, July 18, 2011

Summer Corn Salad

This is what I have been craving almost every day this summer.  When the temps heat up... this is a main stay in my house.  I LOVE IT!  You've simply got to try it to believe it.  I double it.

1 T lime juice (preferably not from a bottle, but an actual lime)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce
5 tsp olive oil (I use less)
1 1/2 C fresh or frozen corn (I use frozen that has been sitting in hot water... but ooo... garden corn would be fabulous!)
1 1/2 C cherry tomatoes, halved (or a couple of large tomatoes cut up into cubes. Garden tomatoes= da bomb)
1/2 C finely chopped cucumber
1/4 C red onion chopped (I've used white onion here when I didn't have red onion, but the red tastes better)
2 T fresh basil (I put more cause my plants are gynormous) or 2 tsp dry
1/4 C crumbled feta cheese

1 comment:

JanahWilliams said...

Sounds delish! Can't wait to try it.