There are a few special items you need to buy for this black bean salad, but it is totally worth it. I really liked this salad and the chipotle chiles in adobo sauce totally make it.
4 scallions, sliced thin (I used red onion)
1 T minced canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce (I cut up on chile and then froze the rest of the can to use another time)
1 tsp honey
1/2 C lime juice from 3 limes
salt and pepper
1/4 C olive oil
2 C fresh or frozen corn kernels
2 (16 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 ripe avocados, pitted, skinned, and diced (I left out the avocados)
2 medium tomatoes, cored and chopped
1/4 C finely chopped fresh cilantro (I used dried)
1. Combine scallions, chile, honey, lime juice, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper in large bowl. Slowly whisk in 2 T oil. (Dressing can be in fridge and last up to a day or so)
2. Heat remaining 2 T oil in large skilled over medium-high heat until shimmering. Cook corn until spotty brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Add beans, avocados, tomatoes, cilantro, and toasted corn to bowl with dressing and toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment