Borax
Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda (NOT baking soda)
Fels-Naptha Soap Bar (I bought two at Ace Hardware)- in fact Ace had everything but the Borax
5 gallon bucket with lid
Essential oil drops for fragrance (optional)- I am using the lemon essential oil I have
1. Grate the entire bar of the Fels-Naptha soap
2. Put in a pot with 4 C of hot water. Stir continuously over medium-low heat until all the soap flakes and dissolved and melted (about 10 min). It should be slightly foamy with no chunks or flakes to be found.
3. Fill a 5 gallon bucket half full of hot water.
4. Pour in the soap mixture. Add 1 C of Arm and Hammer Washing Soda and 1/2 C Borax. Stir.
5. Fill the rest of the 5 gallon bucket with water until it is full. Stir again.
6. Cover and let it sit overnight.
7. When you open the top up the next day, it should have gelled and thickened slightly. Stir again and add essential oil if you want. 10-15 drops per 2 gallons.
8. Use a funnel to pour the mixture in a used/clean laundry detergent container only HALF full. Fill the rest of the way with water and shake.
*When you are ready to use shake it first and then 5/8 C for a regular top loading machine and 1/4 C for a front loading (HE) machine.
The Fels-Naphtha bar waiting to be melted.
Melted.
Before the lid went on. Can you see little feet? They were very curious as to what I was doing.
I've heard this detergent is like ALL Free and Clear. We'll see.
3 comments:
Ooo, I want to know how it works! I like All Free and Clear, so if you think it is equivalent, this will be a future project at our house :)
I really want to know how this works out with everyone's skin, how it cleans and smells. I think you can use it in the dishwasher and to mop floors with too. If it turns out pretty good, I may have to see if mom wants to make some and split it! I am excited to see how it turns out.
k, I'll let you know!! I'll do a mustard test. :P
Post a Comment