If you are interested in making your own vanilla extract and having it for December for your family and friends... you need to order your vanilla beans now and get your vodka. This year I'm doing a gallon of the stuff. Last year I made 1/2 gallon and I'm about out because I gave so much away. This year I'm planning on selling some and giving some away too. Here is the site where I bought my vanilla beans:
http://www.olivenation.com/
For one gallon of vanilla extract you need to get about 80 vanilla beans (this makes a strong vanilla extract so you really need to use only half of what is called for normally). I bought 1lb of vanilla beans which is a little over 80 beans. Go to heavenlyhomemakers.com for complete instructions on how to make vanilla extract. It's super easy and it is the best vanilla tasting stuff ever. You can make your own coffee creamer and also add it to plain yogurt and it's delicious. I bake with it too of course.
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment