Thursday, May 19, 2011

Vanilla Extract Making and Pennant

Today we prepared our vanilla extract to go to the basement and cure for 6 months.  Gwen is my vanilla bean putter in the jarrer.  My, she's looking like a three year old!  It's coming up soon.  Anyway, I thought I'd only make 1 gallon, but I had enough vanilla beans to make a gallon and a half.  Um, somebody better want some of this for Christmas is all I'm sayin'.  



Here's what Zeke was doing.  He's like "what?"



 I told you this year I'm into strings of things.  Well, the rabbits were getting old so I took them down.  I needed some string of something so I made a pennant.  With the help of my borrowed cricut machine I made these cut outs.  It may be weird, but it makes me happy and adds some color to my kitchen.  It's like I'm having a fiesta all the time!  :)



3 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Gwen is looking so pretty and so much bigger! She looks a lot like you!! Love your pennant!

Anonymous said...

I think Gwen has finally got the smiling for the camera figured out. Her smile is so sweet in the pictues!

Of course Zeke's are also.
Granny P

Sue Morris said...

Gwen's smile IS a LOT better. Zeke, however, looks like he helped with the vodka a little, lol.