Friday, February 25, 2011
Time and Facebook
Ok, so I've been thinking of facebook and how it is a waste of time. I mean, I didn't really need to know that peppermint mocha is everyone's favorite coffee creamer. It is useful to keep in contact with old friends from years past... but is it really just another thing distracting me from reality? Does it really make me feel less alone as a stay at home mom? Does it cost me precious time talking with God instead of looking at little bits of nonsense? So... I'm thinking of quitting facebook... I mean canceling my account just on the reasoning that it is a time waster and it's addictive to me. What do you guys think of this? Have you heard the statistics of facebook being a marriage destroyer? I know blogging is another distraction too, but at least I feel like only my good friends are privy to my thoughts here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I think you are right. To me, facebook is this weird non-stop high school reunion with randon revelations that people I thought I knew have soap boxes I never thought they'd stand on. It is too much and too little all at the same time.
I enjoy hearing what people say and what they are doing, and occasionally throw my two cents in the mix.
It is therapeutic. That sounds good, huh? Wal-laaa, justified!
I like Facebook and therefore will miss you if you quit....however, I will still be available. I consider myself a lurker :-)
I think you must use FB to meet your needs....and for me, I only check it once in a while to keep up with a few cousins and high school friends. I do not post on it much...if people want to know what I am eating for supper or whether I am napping or going on a date, or feeding the dog.....People really get into their updates don't they?
So, I'd say to back off and see what happens. Those who truly love you are reading your blog : )
Those kids dancing with their daddy is precious!
Remember that facebook is the only way of emailing your mother-in- law. That is kind of important.
The kids were wonderful on Saturday night. The cried getting out of the tub, but that was it. Zeke is getting a little better with grandma. He loves Becky more than me at the moment, but that will change!!!
Post a Comment