Thursday, February 03, 2011

Blizzard of Oz and Valentines

Well... we've had a sick household during this blizzard.  It is because of a mother's desperation and a strong husband and kind neighbors that we got out and to a doctor.  It turns out both kids have pink eye and ear infections and coughs and runny noses.  I've also been sick too.  I'm not sure what I have, but I am super paranoid the eye junk is coming my way.  So... what to do when you are sick and stuck inside?  (and your fever is down)  Put on your dancing shoes of course!  Gwen found these tap shoes (both left feet I might add) in her closet and insists they are her boots.  She likes wearing them everywhere.  Today she wore them to CVS.  I just didn't have enough fight to prevent it.


Gwen has been practicing cutting with tissues within reach.


It drives me batty to be idle for too long, so we've been making goofy mustache Valentines for her friends. I got the idea from the paper.  They sell kits for these for $14.  Um... no way!  But I'll make em for free though... thanks!


This is the snow drifting on our front door.


The tunnel out of our driveway.



I put a ruler in the snow.. and the snow covered it up, so it's at least a foot.


The snow drifts almost covered my garden planters.  (sigh) garden planters... I miss seeing green in you.


We really will make it through winter... but I'm starting to get that "no one knows I'm here and no one cares about me" thoughts.  Today I thought... hey.. no one cares so why don't I go get a chicken biscuit from Chick-Fil-A.  Um, and yes, it was fried.  Not one of my best moments and it's really not true that no one cares... but sometimes in the dead of winter you feel like you are slipping into obscurity.

2 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I like the mustachioed valentines! I've been thinking of writing you, sorry I put it off or you would have known that someone was thinking about you!

Stephanie said...

That is a lot of snow!! Clay has strep throat...isn't that wonderful? I am tired of winter and ready for spring - and being able to be outside! Hope you and the kids start feeling better soon.