Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Finishing My Vanilla Extract

I brought it up from the basement today to bottle.


I put some paper towels in a colander with a pan underneath to catch the vanilla seeds.


See all the black vanilla seeds?


Gwen was a great helper.



She didn't like the "dirt" on her hands though.


I should've gotten bigger jars and I shouldn't have labeled them until after I filled them.  Stuff goes everywhere.  Ah well... next time.


Her job was handing me the lids when I asked for some.


The finished products. :)


We're drying the beans to put in some sugar to make vanilla sugar.


Can you tell it's been cold out?  We've done lots of crafts to adorn our walls.



3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You need to try the vanilla and see how it tastes....and apparently be looking for some recipes that need lots of vanilla in them!!

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

That's a lot of vanilla! Nice :)

Anonymous said...

I don't mind a few vanilla seeds.

Granny P