Friday, December 24, 2010

Amusements Along The Way

Where were you on this Christmas Eve?  Well... we were in Mooresville, Alabama and Chick-Fil-A. :)  I have read articles about Mooresville and I wanted to drive through it.  It's a super small town where everyone literally knows everyone that has a lot of Civil war history in it.  Mom knows the postmaster of the Mooresville post office... the oldest post office in Alabama... and I thought we needed to pay it a visit.  Just the thought of a town where everyone has to walk to the post office to get their mail interests me.  

Here's mom and Gwen walking in the post office.


This, my friends, is the Mooresville post office.



The postmaster had a cat in there with her.  She was very chatty.. in fact, I thought I might have to stage an emergency just to get out of there.  She informed us that everyone thought the cat was pregnant and then she got the ultrasound and nope... it's just fat. :)





The Mooresville church.






This was one of the older houses in Mooresville.  The reason it wasn't burned in the war was because they made it into a hospital for wounded Union soldiers.  Beautiful and quite striking thinking of the history here.


We also went into Chick-Fil-A today (again)... and I noticed a manger scene just in the entryway.  You know you've had a lot of babies in the last few years when every time you see a manger scene you have to guess the birth weight of the baby Jesus.  I figure this one was a 13 pounder.  Yes, I know, I'm getting weirder by the minute.



Gwen got her cow hat and went to see if her name was on the "nice" list.  Actually, I'm not a huge fan of the Santa thing, so I told her to go stand near the "man" and get a picture made with her hat. :)


Today I asked Gwen if she were an animal what would she be and she said without hesitation "a bunny rabbit."  Then I asked her about Grandma and she said "a goose."  Then Grandpa was "a cow."  Daddy was "a frog."  I was "a turkey".  I forgot what she said Zeke was, but we found it funny.

No comments: