I love this ranch dressing mix. I put it on meats to season them and just about anything you can dream up. I make up a big batch... double or triple this recipe so I can have some on hand.
Ranch Dressing Mix
1/2 C dry buttermilk (you can find it in most grocery stores)
1 T dried parsley, crushed
1 tsp dried dill weed
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried onion flakes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground pepper (I of course, put more)
Blend. For dressing- 1 T mix with 1 C mayo and 1 C milk (never done this before)
Today I made seasoned oyster crackers. This is your warning. These things are highly addictive and if you are on a diet... um... low carb diet... you had better watch yourself. You try two to "make sure they did ok" and eat about 40. THEY ARE DIVINE! Oh, and Stephanie... why you'd want to season oyster crackers? Cause they are DA BOMB! They are great on salads like a crouton, in soups, or plain like a snack cracker.
2 12 oz packages oyster crackers
1 C vegetable oil (yes, I know... I put the whole amount in, but next time I'm going to half it- they should be fine)
1 1/2 T ranch dressing mix (I added more cause I wanted them to be ranched up good)
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp dill weed (I didn't add any of this because my ranch dressing mix is rather dilly I think)
1/2 tsp garlic salt
mix all up until they are all coated and then put in 200 degree oven for an hour and stir them every once in a while. Makes a great frugal gift for Christmas. By the way, my vanilla extract is about to be bottled. I'll fill you guys in on that when the time comes. My next project will be making my own hot chocolate mix.
Monday, November 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've been planning to make my own salad dressing mixes. The only thing standing in my way is procrastination (well and the constant needs of 3 little kids), but the intent is there.
Post a Comment