I thought I'd share my favorite children's book at the moment. It's called Going To Sleep On The Farm by Wendy Cheyette Lewison and illustrated by Juan Wijngaard. I LOVE the illustrations to this book. Can you tell partly why in that last photo? ;)
I've decided with the "funk" I've been in lately I need to spend more time with the Lord. More time in prayer, more time reading, more time just thinking on good things, things that are profitable and less on worry. Big revelation huh? :) Well... I started yesterday reading Proverbs 31, the famous bit looking into Biblical womanhood. I got to verse 15 and it reads, "She rises also while it is still night and gives food to her household and portions to her maidens." Maidens? Does that mean I can hire a house cleaner?? :) Then I went on to read some of Mark. After a dry spell I always start with a gospel to reintroduce myself to Jesus. I read in the introduction that Mark is the first of the gospels and can be dated to about A.D. 55. Now, why write it after oh... 22 years after Christ's death? If you knew you had seen the Son of God wouldn't you have written it right then? I mean, I know you've got the whole inspired factor in there too, but still I asked myself that question. I found that after I read a bit, prayed a bit in the morning I had much more patience with the kids and I feel like it is a positive thing to think about my day from the Lord's perspective. I mean, if our lives are like a vapor I'd better love as much as I can and serve as much as I can. Ya know? Let's all live on purpose today!
Monday, November 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think it's ok to hire a housekeeper if you have means to. I used to feel so inadequate when I went to my friend Linda's house because here she has 3 kids, works as a nurse and her house is super clean...then I found out she has a housekeeper! And these days, if we could afford it, I could really use one!
naaa... I'm not going to hire a housekeeper... but I like the fantasy of it. :) The thought of someone else scrubbing my shower is pleasing.
I think the thought of someone else cleaning my shower and someone else rubbing my feet and giving me a pedicure sound the most pleasing. We need to go do that one of these days.
Granny P
Post a Comment