Yesterday I had black beans in the crockpot all day. I didn't soak them overnight, so I ended up having to put them on low the whole night after having them on high all day for them to get soft enough. Anyway.... I made this after church today with some cheese toast to go along side. WHAT an easy meal. I love it.
1 can black beans (or 1 1/2 C of cooked beans)- drained and washed
1 1/2 C chicken broth
3/4 C chunky salsa
1/2 C whole kernel corn, I just put it in frozen
dash of hot pepper sauce
2 tsp lime juice
*Optional garnishes- cheese and chopped green onions
You can microwave all this or on the stovetop.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds good! I make black beans usually once a week from dry beans and am ALWAYS forgetting to soak them overnight - here is the quick way - 1 part beans 4 parts water, bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes, cover, remove from heat and let sit covered for 1 hour. Drain and move on from there. It works. :)
Post a Comment