Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Owl Art

Yesterday we made thumb print owls.  Here are the ones I did to show Gwen.

Here are hers.  She also decided she was going to make a "humongous" caterpillar with the pink ink.  Every day she says things that surprise me.  She says things like "oh, I know mommy" (like she has an idea) and "you remember don't you?" and "look mommy, a crescent moon!" and I just stand there in surprise.  She was rolling on the floor yesterday and said "see, it's not too bad" and then cackled out a laugh.  Her prayers are beginning to make sense.  Last night she thanked God for green beans!  Every night she requests the same two songs, Twinkle twinkle little star and Edelweiss.  I'm really enjoying this age with Gwen, except for the fits and constant correcting.  :)  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that thumbprint owl stuff. I think I will use it at the elementary school! We can read a story about owls and then make thumb prints and maybe write about our owls.

Granny P

Stephanie said...

That is one long caterpillar!!! I love this age too - they are funny!! The correction does get old. Give a bit and she will have more control :-)