For those of you that have basil plants. I think next time I'll double the recipe if I have enough basil. I'm using up the basil before it gets cold and dies! By the way, I'm so excited... last night I ordered bottles for my homemade vanilla extract and I'm going to order custom stickers to go on as labels!
2 garlic cloves (if you like garlic... add more like I did)
1/2 C shelled pistachios
2 C loosely packed basil
1 T lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 C extra virgin olive oil
1/4 C Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (I used Romano)
1. Place garlic in food processor; pulse until chopped. Add pistachios, basil, lemon juice and salt; pulse until nuts are finely chopped. Add olive oil gradually through food chute and process until well combined. Add cheese and pulse 2 or 3 times. Makes about 1 C. I also added a little water to mine because I wanted it a runnier consistency. Pesto is great on tomato sandwiches (Ben had last night) or pizza or with pasta. A little goes a long way. I froze this in an ice cube tray to use later in winter.
Tuesday, September 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment