Sunday, September 26, 2010

MS 150

This weekend Ben rode his bike in the MS 150... a fund raiser ride for people with multiple sclerosis.  It was 82 miles one day, and 82 miles the next day.  I drove and stayed there with Ben and took these shots.  This first one is of Ben getting ready to ride on the first day.  Oh, and yes, we did get up way before dawn, both days.  He was pumped.



This is a team picture.  His team was called "United We Ride."  These are not all of the people in his team.  This ride had about 2,000 riders and his team probably had 250.


I arrived at 11:45 and they were finishing setting up really.  I thought maybe Ben would be in at 12:30 or so if he had really good time.  Well... I hear my name and Ben is sitting there eating oreos.  He was the very first rider to come in and he was there alone for about 10 minutes before the next rider came in.  I told him he was a total ninja warrior on that bike of his.  I could tell he was happy.  He rode 82 miles in just under 4 hours.  He must be Lance Armstrong's baby or somethin'!



Here we are on day two ready to see daddy at the finish line.  We were determined to get there earlier this time.


Here's Zeke with his tamborine to celebrate his daddy.


Ben came in with a group of riders- 6 of them in the lead.  They did some formations that helped with the wind... kind of like geese.  I am so proud of his accomplishment!!



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

We are impressed :-)

Caroline said...

Hi. Meredith you wont know me, but Ben will. I'm from England and I knew his family from way back then!

You cycle great, Ben. Glad you are supporting the research into MS as I suffer from this dreadful disease! Sending love . . . you are somewhat older than I remember(!), and now have a lovely family.