I have decided that I am going to do one freezer meal a week and stock up my freezer with things that we can have for dinner on nights that I don't feel like cooking, or for a wholesome lunch sometime. I chose these because they are easy, have few ingredients and can be cooked straight from frozen. By the way, I got this idea from this blog: http://heavenlyhomemakers.com/ Love that blog!
1 pound ground beef, venison or turkey (I used turkey and I doubled the recipe)
sea salt to taste
3/4 C shredded cheese (I used a mexican blend)
1 C salsa
10-12 whole wheat torillas (you can make your own, but I chose to buy some whole grain wraps they sell at Aldi... they are 100 calories and big)
To Freeze: Lay burritos burritos barely touching in a casserole dish.
To Reheat: Put on a baking sheet. If they are thawed, warm in the oven for about 15 minutes. If burritos are frozen, leave them in the oven for about 30 minutes.
*The nice thing about this frozen meal is that you can vary the fillings and make it whatever you prefer.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing, Meredith! Great idea for the freezer cooking! I think I'm going to do the same recipe for myself...sounds yummy, cheap and easy. I also added that blog to my list.
I've been doing some freezer packing too - and planning a blog post about it :) I might have to make these burritos b/c I like tex-mex and Rob isn't crazy about it, maybe I could have them for lunch.
How can you not like tex-mex?
Post a Comment