Thursday, July 08, 2010

Quick Oatmeal Raisin Pancakes

ok... so I'm not having these right now since I'm on this diet thing, but I've been meaning to share this recipe.  I made these a few weeks ago and I thought they were great.  They are like oatmeal in pancake form.  Gwen loved them with a tiny bit of real maple syrup.

2 C quick-cooking oats
2 C buttermilk
1/2 C egg substitute
2 T canola oil
1/2 C all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour)
2 T sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 C raisins

1.  In a small bowl, combine oats and buttermilk; let stand for 5 minutes.  Stir in egg substitute and oil, set aside.

2.  In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.  Stir in the wet ingredients just until moistened; add raisins.

3.  Pour batter by heaping 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top.  Cook until second side is golden brown.

*2 pancakes equals 274 calories, 7 g fat

1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I will have to try these, Caleb likes to make "Oatmeal Muffins" - it's basically a edible creation he made while playing around with some stuff in the kitchen. It's quick oats and a little water, plus whatever seasoning you want to add, baked for a few minutes in mini-muffin tins. I think they are too chewy, but he and Annalise think they are a novel way to eat oatmeal!