Yeah, I know it sounds gross... but it's not. I tried it tonight and was surprisingly pleased. It smelled like cinnamon toast in our kitchen and you think you're going to bite into something sweet...but no, it's savory. Although I didn't eat the grits, I already had them on the shelf and they got rave reviews. We had it with whole wheat tortillas and hummus and green beans. Enjoy!
Oh, and I doubled the recipe because I have several people to feed here.
4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
Pam spray
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 C water
2/3 C instant grits
1/2 C canned pumpkin
1 T snipped fresh sage or I used about oh, 1 tsp dried. (I eyeballed it)
1/3 C shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400. Spray pan with pam spray. Then put the chicken in and spray the chicken with the pam spray. Then sprinkle 1 tsp of the salt, the cinnamon, and black pepper over the chicken on all sides. Roast for 20 minutes. (Make sure your chicken breasts aren't too thick or they will take more time)
2. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan bring water to a boil, stir in grits and pumpkin and sage and 1/2 tsp salt. Get it off the heat and stir to thicken. Stir in the cheese.
3. To serve, spoon grits onto plate and slap on a chicken breast.
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment