I'm so grateful Ben had a day off today. This was a photo of him this morning with the kids. He helps me so much. :) I am officially weaning Zeke now. It was a very hard decision for me and one I have cried many tears over, but I decided to start taking medicines for my arthritis. I have psoriatic arthritis and it was affecting my knees and making them swell. The swelling isn't good for them and could cause damage to my joints apparently. That is what my rheumatologist said. It was hard to go up and down the stairs and do about anything. The problem is that the meds for this condition do not go with breastfeeding... so I had a decision to make. I decided I'd start the meds and also diet more aggressively and that would be a relief to my joints also. I'm on a program that my brother has been doing called "medifast" and he has lost 82 lbs in 6 short months. It is a very limited plan, but it works. I'm going to miss peanut butter and oats a lot. :) I'll give some updates on here sometimes.
Here is a summer squash I picked this afternoon. Isn't it beautiful? My first one I've harvested.
Monday, July 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Are they all asleep in that picture?
Meredith I've thought of you a lot the last few days. I'm sure you've made the right choice even though it is hard.
p.s. Your squash looks amazing, you are a great gardener :)
I would love a picture of that. ..Ben and the two kids. What time was this?...am?
I hope your medifast diet is going to work like you want it to. It seems really restricted, but you are smart and can figure things out without my 2 cents worth.
:?)
Pam
Post a Comment