Thursday, July 08, 2010

Meal Plan

When we have company I just have to have a list of ideas for dinner if it's going to happen.  Now that I'm on this diet thing, I just personally omit any starch like the brown rice or corn that the rest of the family eats.  Also, I may add some green beans or salad to my meal to round it out.  On nights when we have things like pizza I just will eat the salad with grilled chicken and veggies.  Did you really need to know all that?  um.. maybe?  A lot will depend on what I get from the local farmer's too.  I'm doing this program starting Saturday where I go and pick 5 items from local farmers and pay a certain amount.  I could get 5 of the same fruit or veg, or get different.  I'm picking it up at the grocery store near our house instead of going to the farmer's market.  It makes buying local much more convenient for me.  Here's my ideas for this week.

orange roughy, sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli, 
ground turkey patties, sweet pot or squash from garden, salad
shrimp w/ garlic and lemon, linguini, cucumber slices
tilapia (baked), Indian cauliflower (aloo golbi without potatoes)
homemade pizza, salad
cinnamon chicken with pumpkin-sage grits (a recipe I tore out of a magazine at the gym), green beans
zucchini boats, corn on cob, salad


1 comment:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I think your details are interesting - I mean, I was curious about what kinds of foods you are not going to be eating, since you said you can't have oats and I always think of them as being healthy.