Friday, April 09, 2010

Little Funnies

I am doing a garage sale this weekend and I think I must be nuts.  My group of houses has a garage sale weekend once a year and this year I thought I had some stuff to sell.  This morning I was out there with Gwen and Zeke and loads of people.  Breastfeeding while making change I have found is not a socially acceptable practice.  Neither is changing a diaper while running after a toddler running toward the street because she hears an airplane.
Here's something funny that happened today.  My neighbor combined her stuff with mine to sell.  She had some of those pots with the lid that has the holes to drain water out of when you get your stuff cooked.  A lady asked me what those holes were for... for letting the steam out?  I told her it was a colander to drain the water and she said, "well, I'm impressed that someone your age would know what a colander is!"
Another thing is that my neighbor brought over more things tonight to sell and one of the items was a DVD of Kenny Rogers.  I watched 15 minutes of it tonight and it was pretty bad, but it inspired me to show you a video of Kenny.

4 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Good grief! How old is the lady who thought you were too young to know what a colander is? Even CALEB knows what a colander is!

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

I was curious to see if Annalise knew what it was too - Caleb had to tell her it was a colander, but I asked her what I use it for and she said, "For noodles!"

Unknown said...

I'm not sure... in her 50s probably. :) People are funny

Anonymous said...

I want to fall in love with someone who can sing Lady to me like Kenny Rodgers!!!! I am swooning at the moment.

Granny P