Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Hope For Today

I heard a quote today that really made me think.
"Anything that makes you need God, that is a blessing."  I want to savor each moment I have with my family.  I don't want to view life in the future... I want to appreciate the moment for the moment's sake.  Does that make any sense?

As a parent now of a toddler I'm learning so much about God.  I mean, it's one thing to talk about obedience, but when you are teaching someone to be obedient... well... you learn it too all over again.  How many times has God told me to do something and I kind of dawdle around like I didn't hear Him?  How many times have I made a mess and thrown a fit about cleaning it up or just living with the natural consequences of that action?  Very humbling...

So, all that to say that I'm afraid to get out of the house with my two.  I am afraid that I will lose control over Gwen or she will run off from me or be taken or some such.  I just fret over it really...but I decided to just get out anyway today and see if I could gain more confidence.  I know... it's illogical.  I mean, I've only got two kids and if Gwen has a fit, well, that's ok too.... we'll just go home.  So, we went to the mall and bought daddy something he needed and then went and looked at the carousel and Gwen ran around and played in the play area.  No meltdowns, even when we left.  I tried to keep everything upbeat and I was armed with pretzels and milk.  She took one look at that carousel and laughed and said "fun!"  Zeke slept through most of it and was an angel when he woke up.  I know it won't be like that every time, but hurray!