Saturday, April 17, 2010

Animal Sightings

This morning we saw our resident hawk, Lugie, looking for breakfast.  My, how he's grown!  I LOVE HIM!  He is so majestic and powerful looking.  He let me get pretty close to capture these photos.  I took Gwen out and showed her the hawk and a little rabbit that was hiding under one of our trees.  I explained why the bunny had to hide and I think Gwen understood what I was saying because she said "eat bunny."  I can not begin to tell you how excited I get about these things.


Our little fox out in the field behind our house.  I'm pretty sure it lives in the field.  I thought about going out there and looking for its den, but I don't want to scare it off.  I really enjoy seeing it.  It's beautiful!  I rushed out there and took these photos and then rushed Gwen out there to see.  

2 comments:

Beki Lee said...

LUGIE IS HUGE!!!!! Really I can't believe how big he is.

Anonymous said...

You just thought you were getting away from the farm, lol.
Mom