Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thoughts

If you are wondering where I've been these past few days I have been in bed. I am very tired in this early stage of pregnancy and queasy. I feel like having chips and salsa and chicken fingers and maybe a baked potato and that's it. That's not much on nutrition.

In this past week I have been anxious. I worry that I will not be up for the task of having two children under the age of 2. People have not said discouraging things to me, this is all in my own mind. I have been reading through Matthew and came across a scripture that helped me last night. Jesus was telling his disciples about how the greatest in heaven is whoever humbles themselves like a child. Here's the verse that spoke to me: 18:5 "and whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me." I am welcoming not just work (which it will be), I am not just welcoming joy (which it will be too), I am in a sense welcoming Christ. What a humbling revelation, and one that gave me strength.

Here are some more pictures from the weekend.

Aunt Beki and Gwen.


I was not waving as I was telling her to say hello. She just understands me. Amazing. She also can bark like a dog, but it is hard to get on camera.

3 comments:

Jake Barreth said...

She's so big and cute and awesome! I hope you feel better Meredith. I'm just glad I'm not a pregnant lady that's gotta be rough. And don't worry you are one of the greatest people I've ever known, you will be awesome as a 2 baby mom. Have you seen that show called 18 and counting? Yeah don't do that.

Anonymous said...

Gwen is so smart!!! I can't believe she said Hi and waved on her own! I love her to bits.

Granny Pam

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Very cute! She is going to talk your ear off! Annalise loved the video too :)

I think that early pregnancy hormones can really negatively affect how you feel emotionally right now. I remember just being really negative when I was first pregnant with Annalise. But I'm glad you found so much encouragement in scripture. That's a great way to look at that verse!