Thursday, May 14, 2009

Childsplay and Funnies

yet another children's book illustration that "cracked" me up. Look at the expression on Humpty's face!


I was watching Lambchop's Playalong show with Gwen today. I was riveted. I mean, I know that lady Sherry is/was a ventriloquist, but MAN is she good. I couldn't see her move her lips in the slightest. Here's a joke from that show that I thought was clever:

What's the difference between a hippopotamus and a matta baby?

(the inevitable question) What's a matta baby?

Nothin's the matta baby!

Also... tonight we all went to Ace Hardware store to get some tomato cages and some herbs and other plants. (we got a strawberry plant and also a sugar snap pea plant too) On the way, I saw one of my neighbor's gardens and I saw her peas climbing the trellis that she had put up and I said, "her peas look better than my peas." Ben replied, "herpes look bad no matter which way you look at it."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you think anyone else gets Ben's jokes other than you and me, Meredith?

I think he is really funny too!
Granny Pam

Unknown said...

of course everyone gets his jokes...but admittedly they are funnier to some than others. You know what I think about his jokes. I think he's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

The HERPES joke WAS hilarious!

Some of his jokes are cheesy, but that that is hilarious!

-Beki