Saturday, May 09, 2009

Garden Update and Weekend Fun

So today Ben and I walked around the downtown market and bought some more plants for our garden. We bought a purple beauty bell pepper plant. This is what the purple pepper will hopefully look like. I've never seen one before.. have you?



You'll probably have to enlarge this photo...but we have peas around the outer perimeter of the box (don't ask me why I did this.. I now regret that sort of) and then two big boy tomato plants and one "burpless" cucumber plant. I'm not sure why it's burpless because personally cucumbers don't make me burp, but I couldn't resist buying one of those.


In this one I have buttercrunch lettuce, peas, and now peppers. I have three yellow pepper plants and one purple. They didn't have red pepper plants. I think I might get one though because I love the taste of those.


Today at the market we saw these lambs and kid goat.

Anyone want a sweet potato? Good grief! Look how big these are! Ok, so not the size of Grandma and Grandpa's one...but getting there.


and it's that time of year again. My peonies have bloomed once more. I LOVE them so much I can't even stand it.

Here I was trying to get a photo of Gwen and the bouquet but she insisted on tearing the petals off and I couldn't stand that for long.


Ben went around the house singing this tune today:
(to the tune of Do You Hear What I Hear)

Do you hear what I hear?
no I don't so tell me so
a dog, a dog, bit me on the leg
so now I have a wooden peg
so now I have a wooden peg

2 comments:

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

Your buttercrunch lettuce looks great! makes me hungry for salad :)

Mean Puppies Inc. said...

oh and I've never heard of a purple bell pepper...